You got your first commission check, now what? Starting a real estate business is an ambitious venture that demands careful planning, financial acumen, and strategic decision-making. In a word, it’s challenging – but your finances shouldn’t be.
One of the best kept secrets of most successful real estate agents is how important it is to choose the right financial institution. While many agents opt for traditional banks, an increasingly popular and advantageous alternative is to work with a local credit union. In this blog, we’ll explore just how impactful working with a credit union can be for your real estate business.
A member-centric approach
- Unlike big box banks, credit unions are not-for-profit organizations that operate with a member-centric philosophy. When you join a credit union, you become a member and part owner, entitling you to numerous benefits such as voting rights and a say in decision-making. With traditional banks, their goal is to serve shareholders and those with stock in the company. With credit unions, their goal is to serve you, the member. This member-focused approach translates into personalized service and a genuine interest in helping you succeed.
By choosing a credit union for your real estate business, you are aligning yourself with an institution that genuinely cares about your financial well-being.
Competitive loan rates & flexible terms
- One of the most significant advantages of working with a credit union is their ability to offer competitive loan rates and flexible terms. Credit unions often have lower overhead costs compared to big banks, enabling them to pass those savings on to their members. Lower interest rates and more flexible repayment terms mean reduced financial burdens and increased cash flow for your real estate business. Whether you’re looking to finance property acquisitions, development projects, renovations or expand your operating expense budget, credit unions can offer attractive financing options tailored to your specific needs.
Quick & efficient loan processing
- We all know the phrase, speed to lead. We live and die by it in the real estate industry. Credit unions are known for their streamlined and efficient loan processing, ensuring you and your clients can seize opportunities swiftly. Credit unions like Arizona Financial Credit Union have a “local lender, local decisions” policy, which means the decisions are made swiftly in state and can often be written outside of the normal saleable loan requirements.
Relationship building & networking opportunities
- Beyond the many financial benefits, credit unions foster a sense of community among their members because the credit union is a part of that community. By collaborating with a credit union, you’ll have opportunities to network and build relationships with other local entrepreneurs and vendors that can help you close more deals and get referrals and insights that can help your business grow. You can also feel good knowing credit unions give back to their community. Arizona Financial donates tens of thousands of dollars to different local charities in need. If you open a checking account with a debit card, every purchase you make gives back to your community.
Access to diverse financial products
- Credit unions often get the reputation of being small and limited institutions, but nothing is further from the truth. Credit unions offer a wide range of products and services including banking accounts, savings accounts, investments options, CDs, insurance productions, mortgages, auto loans, small business loans, and so much more. Having access to such a diverse array of services under one roof simplifies your financial management while having access to technology like Face ID, Zelle, mobile banking, mobile deposit, and a robust online portal.
When you set up your real estate business, there are many decisions you must make that can have a significant impact on your success. By collaborating with a credit union, you will be embarking on a journey with a member-centric organization that offers competitive rates, flexible terms, and efficient loan processing. The relationship building opportunities, financial guidance and access to various financial products further add value to the partnership.
In a world where personalized service matters, credit unions stand out as reliable allies in your real estate endeavors. So, why not consider working with a credit union and unlock the benefits they bring to your business?