Buying a car is not a purchase decision to take lightly. Whether it’s your first car or your 15th, the more prepared you are, the more likely you’ll get a vehicle that meets your needs for years to come. Before driving to the dealership (or talking to one of our car buying experts), ask yourself these important questions to determine what you must have, what you’d like to have, and what you absolutely do not want.
- What type of vehicle do you want? A compact car? SUV? Midsize vehicle? Minivan?
- How many people will be traveling with you in the vehicle? Do you have a whole soccer team to take with you? Or just yourself?
- Do you think you’ll be transporting more people in the near future (i.e., growing your family)?
- How will you be using the vehicle? Are you planning on off-roading or commuting for work?
- Are you concerned about gas mileage and fuel emissions?
- Do you want a manual transmission or an automatic? Are you willing to shift gears constantly in traffic?
- Will you be hauling a lot of stuff? Towing? Neither?
- What size of vehicle will fit in your parking space? Is a truck too long or SUV to tall?
- Do you need a lot of tech in your car? Is Apple CarPlay or Android Auto necessary or just handy features? Does a large, touchscreen display make sense?
- What types of safety features are you looking for? Lots of airbags? Lane-departure warnings? Automatic breaking?
- Is style and comfort important to you? Do you need those leather seats? Or will cloth work just fine?
As you look at different vehicle options, compare them to your needs. And before buying the high-tech, jacked-up version, ask yourself if all of those bells and whistles are really worth the added cost for you.
For more information, stop by one of our branch locations or call our car buying experts at (602) 683-2155.